Saturday, August 20, 2011

Days 8 and 9

Man, I really need to write each night so I can stop trying to recap two days.
My brother went home late night of day 7 so there has been a different vibe around the house. It's like trying to get back to normal life- like the adventure of the juicing has worn off. Now it's like a chore and hard work to fit in with what else we have going on. Day 8 We only got two juices in mixed with other food. I like to count mine as three because I took a jar of lunch juice with me to have later in the night. Today we have only juiced once and are trying to squeeze another in before bed. It's hard when it isn't your focus. My sister is trying to prepare her classroom for the start of school, I am trying to help Rachel prepare for the birth of her baby and the day just zooms past. I haven't been drinking enough water either. Shame on me.
So the deal with the juicing and living normal life is that it requires a lot of thinking ahead and planning. The first few days we just sat around and felt hungry and vaguely distracted until it was time to juice again. All of our thoughts were around juicing so we had everything we needed on hand and time to make each individual meal. But with normal life you run out of fruits and veggies and have to run to the store to make a juice. You have to juice early if you are going to be gone later or make extra and carry it with you in an ice chest or come home at meal times.
Don't get me wrong, I think juicing is a great thing. By saying that it gets hard I am not trying to discourage anyone. In fact it kind of encourages me. Pretty much everything worth while is hard. The struggle proves this is a lifestyle change. A conscious choice not a quick fix. We should struggle to make good choices in our life!
I have lots more to say about long term and short term effects of juicing and more on the juicing experience itself but I will save that for day 10 or a wrap up blog.
I gotta go throw some kale in the juicer and get my drink on!

No comments:

Post a Comment