Monday, April 4, 2011
Random thoughts
What is wrong with me that I can be totally intrigued by a show staring an ego-maniac like sister wives but almost totally appalled by one that delves into the life of a woman who sleeps with her blow dryer and another who eats toilet paper. (I say almost totally appalled because I did leave the TV on long enough to hear each of their opening sob stories.) I crack myself up. I tell these jokes or make these comments that no one gets but when I read or think back on them I feel so proud. I would like to think that I am just highly intelligent and not many people can think with such depth and implied meaning. But that sentence also cracks me up because... yeah right! Mostly I think I crack myself up because I am a weirdo who spent too much time alone as a kid. I had to find myself entertaining or I was going to face death by boredom. Same train station, different track- Why do I find sarcasm so funny? Is is wrong that I can have entire conversations without saying one thing about how I truly feel about a subject. Furthermore, is is wrong that I can tell someone how I truly feel about a subject by expressing the opposite in great depth? Again, I like to think that that is a show of skill not one that proves I lack a human heart. Can you make a tree grow into the shape of a heart? I had time to think about that question today as I sat at a stop light on my way to school. It was a long thought too...why the tree limb I saw was shaped like it was...if the people who lived there sat on it...I would sit on it if it was my tree...I would take pictures on it if it were my tree...tree limbs are cool...can you shape a tree like a heart...I would definitely take pictures in that tree...would it break the mold as it grew because trees are so strong...what if you used steel...or that stuff that Wolverine has infused in his system...I bet I could get lots of people to pay me to take pictures in my heart shaped tree...a lovers tree...business idea...the car in front of me is moving. I'm not sure if that was the longest red light in the world or if I set some kind of record for the most complete thoughts in such a short time frame. I have to go to class soon. I am sure glad the library gives us students unlimited Internet access so that between classes I can work on homework, practice a speech, study for my Spanish quiz- wait who am I fooling, I didn't do any of those things. Instead I checked my email- more private notes from "Hot Single Mama" and news on the latest implants. Then I checked facebook where I saw someone liked one of my comments proving that at least one other person has a brain that can function as well as mine. Then I wrote this. And I believe this goes to show that going to college is very important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment